Ocehan-ocehan saya :)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day in the Life of Your Sociable Foreign Student in Beijing

07.05 My Alarm rings at 6.50 and 7.00 but I always give myself extra 5-10 minutes. Today was my roommate's first day of school. I thought I was early already but she woke up earlier and it was her who woke me up! I wanted to be early because I didn't want to wait for her using the bathroom but I was wrong. She prepared herself, did things on her face for 40 minutes while watching Fashion TV. Duh I'm so in love with her.

07.40 After drinking Indonesian coffee and eating 2 pieces of Astor, off I went. My classroom was still closed and many people waited outside the classrooms.

08.00 English Interpretation Class. We were expecting a male teacher, but she came from Venus. Her pronunciation was errr-less. She did some presentation with Powerpoint and we watched a video. I hated it because she asked us to use the earphones all the time.

10.10 English Translation Class. I didn't do the holiday HW but fortunately the teacher didn't remember it. We learned some basics of Chi-Eng translations. The teacher gave us a homework: Translate an excerpt of a Beijing Opera. Damn!

12.00 Malaxiangguo lunch with folks. My stomach couldn't stand the Sichuan numbing pepper. We had some encounters with the waiter.

14.35 After changing my boots to Adidas shoes, I went to Bookworm Sanlitun to meet my boss and friend, Gandhi. We had a little meeting about an upcoming event of PERMIT. He went to Dubai last winter and he gave me and Bobby cute t-shirts.

17.00 Mr. Willy joined us and we headed off to neighboring Pacific Plaza. We had Taiwanese food for dinner. Bad food. Didn't like it.

18.00 I told them that today was the last day of "Buy one get one" promo of Cold Stone. We went to Sanlitun Village. I ordered Strawberry Banana Rendezvous and shared it with Mr. Gan.

19.00 We waved goodbye. I always hate it when people think that my uni is in the suburb. IT IS NOT!

20.00 Arrived at my dorm, feeling exhausted. Chatted with my roommie about fashion, Korean restaurants in Beijing, and everything that came across our minds. We couldn't wait until H&M opens in Beijing!!!! And SHOPAHOLIC THE MOVIE!

21.30 We shared a can of Yanjing lemon-flavored beer. Tasted horrible, but we had a toast and I loved her even more :)

22.00 Started doing this...

22.45 Present time, I'm publishing this and going to watch Heroes.

0 comments: