Ocehan-ocehan saya :)

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Intern Diary: Day 1 - What interns do

Woohoo... I have a great news, guys... In my last semester of university, there's an expat magazine in Beijing called The Beijinger that recruited interns for marketing. I applied and got accepted and they asked me to start immediately (only 4 days after the interview and 3 days from the day they told me I was accepted, apparently it's obvious that they desperately need people to help).I thought of a friend who once had unpaid internship at Vogue New York and I just pretend that mine is just as cool.

And on my first day, I didnt have my own computer yet and my boss who went out for a meeting let me use hers. She told me to look through 1 folder and I found pretty funny things. Westerners are more humorous and not as strict as the Chinese.

So my office has a kitchen where we can make coffee etc, but I havent figured it out how to use the machine btw. There are also microwaves and fridge so I can bring my own lunch. There are 60ish people in the office. My boss walked me around and introduced me to everybody but I couldnt remember any single name!

Later on that day helped them making cards for the winner announcement of the restaurant awards. I didnt make the best card in the world but anyways they didnt expect the best either.

I will have to work on weekends sometimes and it gets compensated on weekdays. So it's fine. And the events on weekends (usually for kids and families) are kinda fun so I really don't mind (especially it's nice to work like 5 hours in a 5 star hotel venue then have a whole weekday off).

0 comments: